Sunday, March 21, 2010

refinishing my .... shoulder?

This past week I embarked upon my new pet project - refinishing bedside stands, tables, and a headboard in time to move them into our new place.

I was very enthusiastic, and used my day off (they happen once in a blue moon, and usually I end up doing massage on those days too..) to work out (gotta have the self care!) and to sand and stain some little stands (kudos!)

It was a deadly combination for my shoulder. (doh!) Repetitive motion for a couple of hours after doing a shoulder work out on shoulders that take the heat every day 4-7 hours a day doing massage and other various administrative projects sounds much stupider after the fact than it did before I added all the activities together.
Mental math was never my strong suit.
I had figured out the answer to be SuperStar Woman of the Day .. the real answer was slight shoulder bursitis on a day of 7 hours of deep tissue massage.
I have never been more grateful that my school taught me proper massage body mechanics. My goal is now to remember those mechanics for everything else I do, and to use an electric sander.

Consider me schooled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a saying, I think it is from Rod's dad. You pay for your education- with your time, or money, or pain and sufering, or sometimes with all three. Did you try ice, NSAIDs and rest? Hope it is over quick.

mikensi said...

Note to self: Make husband do it.