Thursday, March 4, 2010

Journey to fitness

I have recently begun P90X - it's a dvd fitness program. The X is for EXTREME - I assume the P is for perspiration, and pain, and the 90 is because your body feels 90 years old.

There is an hr long work out every day. My modified program: 15-20 mins of work out at least 3 x week. My excuse is that I use my body all day as a massage therapist and can't afford to not be able to life my arms. Also, I leave usually at about 8:30 AM and dont get home until abut 7 or 8 PM... so fitting in an hour is complicated.

So far my week 1 has lasted about 3 weeks. And, plyometrics, and Ken Po are by far the most taxing things I've ever done physically - including 4-day backpacking, swim team, and swimming against a heavy out-going tide to get to shore after a terrible surfing lesson. I'll leave the gory details of my physical un-fitness out .. its the kind of thing you sweep under the rug and hope no one ever finds.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, good for you! sounds intense!

Jenna and Drew said...

Way to go! I've seen previews for that program and it looks intense. Props to you for sticking with it!