With that said, here's a bit of history. About a year and a half ago, I bought a nice black suit ( or my mom did... I don't remember... maybe for a birthday or Christmas present). I'm not gonna lie, it looks pretty snazzy. I bought it with the express purpose for med school interviews, and I have only worn it once since I bought it over a year ago. But, as my interview looms closer (by the way, it is the 20th of this month), I find myself asking, "Is it too much?" Anyway, here is a picutre of me, and just to let you all know, when I take a picture, my hair poses too, and decided to go in all sorts of directions... but really, it looks better in real life than in the picture. So here is the proposed med school interview outfit:
Monday, October 13, 2008
What to wear?
Ok, I don't think I've ever had to ask myself the question, "Oh my goodness, what should I wear?" But come medical school interview time, it is important... You don't want to send the message, "I'm freaking rich, better than you, and if your University is worth anything, you'd beg me to attend." On the other hand, you don't want to send the message, "Yo, what's up dude? Med school is cool... I think I'll do it." Oh the difficulties!
With that said, here's a bit of history. About a year and a half ago, I bought a nice black suit ( or my mom did... I don't remember... maybe for a birthday or Christmas present). I'm not gonna lie, it looks pretty snazzy. I bought it with the express purpose for med school interviews, and I have only worn it once since I bought it over a year ago. But, as my interview looms closer (by the way, it is the 20th of this month), I find myself asking, "Is it too much?" Anyway, here is a picutre of me, and just to let you all know, when I take a picture, my hair poses too, and decided to go in all sorts of directions... but really, it looks better in real life than in the picture. So here is the proposed med school interview outfit:
Any suggestions? Comments? Anything?
With that said, here's a bit of history. About a year and a half ago, I bought a nice black suit ( or my mom did... I don't remember... maybe for a birthday or Christmas present). I'm not gonna lie, it looks pretty snazzy. I bought it with the express purpose for med school interviews, and I have only worn it once since I bought it over a year ago. But, as my interview looms closer (by the way, it is the 20th of this month), I find myself asking, "Is it too much?" Anyway, here is a picutre of me, and just to let you all know, when I take a picture, my hair poses too, and decided to go in all sorts of directions... but really, it looks better in real life than in the picture. So here is the proposed med school interview outfit:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Wooo wooo....I say yes! it all looks great and professional in my opinion...I dont think it will matter too much in your case though...they are going to see J.D for the wonderful person he is and with that being said... you cant go wrong!
Wow JD, I really like that suit and the yellow tie really sets the whole look. I think you have chosen wisely. We are so proud of you and you will definitely be in our prayers!
Hey brother,
So, you cannot go wrong with a suit. If it were a 3-piece suit, that might be too much. But, I do not think you should not wear the suit (oh...double negative...nice). I think the yellow tie looks nice with the blue shirt. However, a lot of people wear blue shirts. Perhaps somthing else...not red...but perhaps a yellow shirt, or a light purple. Check out Van Heusen. You can get a shirt and tie for 17 dollars. Just some thoughts. Good luck.
I feel like when in doubt you should dress the nicer of two options. Jason wore his suit when he was interviewing a few months ago and he got the job he wanted...so maybe suits are lucky. I'll bet most people will wear suits and you don't want to be the only person not. And if you get there and feel over-dressed, you can take off the jacket.
thumbs up on the suit. as far as the color of the shirt goes, don't choose anything that you're not comfortable wearing. you seem pretty self-assured in the blue, so stick with that. good luck!
Not feeling the yellow tie Joe but, it is about how you feel in it that matters. I think the schools expect you to come in your best dressed. As for the snotty booty misleadings through a fancy outfit part, I think your personality will shine against any false impressions of that. =)Looks snazzy, but that yellow tie...I guess its memorable.=)
Hey Cousin, I'm going with majority and saying the suit is perfect. It will stay casual with a colored shirt, as you chose. And I doubt they will be anything but impressed with your passion and humor. :) Good luck.
Ditto to all the above. James wore a suit to his interviews for Dental school. It's a good choice. However, what they will be most interested in is how YOU interview, not your clothes and I agree with everyone else on that point. You have a great, confident, intelligent, yet humble personality. That's what they will see and that's what will make them want to "beg" you to attend ;-). Good Luck J.D.!!
Wear the suit!!!!
I like the suit. I think it looks professional and not over the top. The blue shirt and yellow tie add in just a touch of "tone down" so the suit is not too fancy. I may suggest trying just a few different shirts and ties and go with the one you feel fits the best with your personality, and of course the one your wife likes the best! Good Luck!
meh....
lol... looks sharp, joe- see you tomorrow!
dude, take it from me. i've interviewed plenty of dental students. you NEED to wear a suit! everyone else will be wearing one too, and you'll look like you don't care enough. your best bet is to look as much like a missionary as possible - and you're IN!
Post a Comment