I am back home... home to a place where the dry air doesn't mummify you as you sleep by sucking all the moisture out of you. Utah was dry, crazy dry, but the trip was fun. It was great to see all my friends again. Jimmy and Mikensi (they're the best! They let me crash at their place, borrow their car, everything... the whole trip wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for them.) It was also fun to see my family-in-law, Peter and Debbie (not Debby). And then I can't forget my good friends Sharah, Gary and Valerie. It was so much fun.... Lots and lots of fun.
But for the part that you all want to hear about: the interviews. So the first one went great! It was with a four-year female med student, and we just really had a great interview. She was impressed with my answers and I with her questions. I got a lot of my questions about the school and student body answered, got a feel for the students and what they are like, and also how the school works. I really enjoyed it.
Then came the next one. So it was with a Professor from the school. When I walked in, she seemed slightly out of it. But whatever, maybe it was just me. But it turns out that she had just visited the eye doctor, and so her eyes were crazy dilated. She didn't have anything written down previous to the interview, nothing written while we interviewed... NOTHING. She also had a ridiculous way of asking convoluted, multifaceted, impossible questions that had about 6.34 questions in it. When I'd finished, I had to always ask if I answered her questions correctly. She'd say, "Ehh.... yeah." Ok, whatever. Overall, I got the impression she wasn't interviewing me per se, you know, in order to really find out about me and who I am and whether or not I'd be a good fit for the school, but she was just more interested it asking the questions. I don't know if that makes sense, but its the best I can describe it.
With all that said, I still feel that overall the second interview went well. I don't think that she came away with a negative impression of me. She just didn't think I'm the greatest thing since wireless optical mouses or gene therapy. Anyway... that's that.
So I will hear back from them probably in late MARCH! Yep, late March. The only exception would be if I was either in the top or botton 2.5% of their scoring. In which case, they will notify me earlier with either an acceptance or rejectance, whichever 2.5% I'm in.
In terms of information, I really liked the school. I found that it was very relaxed by serious, meaning that the students seemed quite happy, not pressured or drilled, but very well educated and prepared for medicine. The school itself if beautiful and would be a wonderful place to go to school for the next 4 years. So we'll see how it all plays out.
4 comments:
Glad to hear you enjoyed the great Utah climate!! Personally I'd still rather drink my water than inhale it, even if my skin greatly objects. ;-)
Sounds like overall the interviews went well. Professors are engineered to confuse, at least that's what James' tells me. So I wouldn't worry too much about her oddity. That'll be great if you move to Utah...I might get to see you a little more often.
Jimmy and Mikensi... Peter and Debbie... Gary and Valerie... am I your only single friend???? Aaaaaarrrrgggghhh! When will the agony end???
If they don't accept you, they are stupid. And you don't want to go to a school staffed by stupid people. I would totally accept you to MY school. In fact, I already have! You don't even have to apply, that is how awesome you are!
Thanks for the update!
did you just say a school in utah is beautiful? sick.
Post a Comment