Monday, October 20, 2008

What's a girl to do?

So, this past weekend J has been off in Utah dazzling University of Utah interviewers and so I made lots of plans to keep myself busy to forestall any loneliness. Our good friends at home also made me feel quite loved, and so did many relatives. Thanks all!

And now, to explain what a wife does while her husband is away.
First, I stayed up late Friday night doing fun things like watching shows in the internet (i know.. boring..) and taking pictures of our decorated door:

Then I got up early Saturday morning and helped out with a Stake Service project as part of Stake Conference weekend. From there, I went straight to helping prepare the one club I finally joined (I joined Saturday officially) prepare for FoodFest. FoodFest is a spectacular array of foods from many countries prepared by culture clubs of our school. I made this shirt:

It says "You don't have to be green to make a difference". The club is the Students for International Development club, and we donate all of the money we get at FoodFest to charities.. this semester it's neonatal resuscitation through the Church Humanitarian Aid.
Then, I came home for a few hours, baked lots of cookies for the FoodFest, and did homework until 5. I went to FoodFest at 5, sampled lots of delicious foods (from Cambodia, Korea, India, Sweden.. and some good old garlic shrimp). Then, I returned home and did more homework, and ate more dinner at a friend's house. To bed late again, (I enjoyed some candles in the shape of a spider as well..).

Sunday was two sessions of Stake Conference, lunch, a call from J =), and then games and more cookies (this time of home-made origins and with m&ms =) )and a meeting.

Then I got sick. Yuck. Now, it's Monday, and I will work all evening and hopefully get the rest of my homework done .. and also hopefully get un-sick by tomorrow! (Tomorrow is when J returns.) So.. it's been sad that J's been gone, but it hasn't been too lonely because it's been full.

2 comments:

Joseph and Lianna Quillen said...

I just want everyone to know I love my wife. Can she be more amazing?

Alicia W said...

Eric's gone too! I've lost my man to an elk hunt. At least you are being productive. All I want to do it sit on the couch. I'm such a bum! Are you going to come to AZ for the wedding too?