Sunday, November 25, 2007

Having a 5 day weekend was quite therapeutic, especially since I did not have anything to do. No long hours in the lab, no big, imminent tests to study for, no grade-determining assignments to do. As for Lianna, she has a few things to do, but got them all done and enjoyed a wonderful break. It was great.

Our weekend started off with a long day at the beach. It was much needed. The waves were huge, the sun was shinning, a gentle ocean breeze was keeping us cool. It was perfect. I mostly frolicked in the waves. Lianna and our good friend Megan enjoyed they waves too, but also stayed out relaxing under the sun.

Here is a video of me frolicking. If you notice, the wave was about twice as high as I was, and was still significantly over my head when I jumped. If you look closely, you can see, as my hand goes down, my leg pops out of the top of the wave, a testament that I was flipped, smashed, and whirled around by the wave. It was great!


After our relaxing afternoon on the beach, Lianna and I had Thanksgiving dinner with our friends. Each one brought something and it turned out that we had quite a bit of food. It was fun to spend time with our close friends on Thanksgiving. Lianna cooked a turkey while I made Nestle Rod pie. Oh so good.
To all our friends and family, we love you. We pray oft for you all and hope that you are all doing well. Take care and may God bless you all. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am so glad that you two are blogging now--it will be a really easy way for me to keep up on your lives and get to know my sweet sister-in-law better. I am so impressed, by the way, that Lianna made not one but two turkeys this Thanksgiving. I have yet to learn how to do that...