Thursday, May 5, 2016

Look, aliens replaced my life

And I actually made a fancy dinner, ready at dinner time , and everyone ate it and had seconds. I made our favorite French bread and it turned out... Then I made fancy chicken and wild rice soup sans cream and it turned out yummy. There was zero crying during any stage of prep. Including on my behalf during the onion bit. Also everyone, even Korrali, loved the soup. Truth be told, I knew she would like it,because she snuck a taste of the chicken broth while it was chilling in the fridge and said "hmmmm that's good!". Which was further proof she had been bodysnatched because the real her dislikes meat and anything even pretending to have meatish geneology.
My real children returned the next day, with a vengeance, but one day was all i really needed to hold me for,a week or so. Thanks little Gray friends! Bon apetit!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Truth! Sometimes one day is all you need! (PS I want to come eat that dinner with you!)

Geevz said...

WHoa, bread bowls? That's PHD cooking

Daniel and Bonita said...

How perfect! Love those moments, and as you know, for a mom, that's all they are...just moments..seldom hours...and NEVER days!