See if you got everything:
1. We moved to an apartment - it's in colorado springs (which you can't see in the photo)
2. Our furniture only fits right next to each other wall-to-wall - so the apartment is small.
3. Our photos are up on the wall - we've been here for a few months and are feeling mostly settled
4. There are some little girl clothes out - that is my partial give-away pile. Korrali is growing a lot
5. The diapers box has felt sticking out of it - it's our Sunday box and it's still out. Today is Thursday - which points to the fact that we haven't really been home a lot all week. This is typical.
6. There is a bottle of water - full and ready. I'm pregnant and must take copious amounts of water where ever I go - and I often drive for hours during the week.
7. My Sunday bag - I teach in nursery now and so my Sunday bag is close by the Sunday box ready to go... also since Sunday.
8. A candle - I was very sensitive to the repellent odors of our apartment. And am no longer so - so it's closed.
9. A photo of Teo - we lost our beloved furry friend at the end of June. We miss him a ton, but the picture helps. There is a post in the works about this too eventually.
10. Some trash - yep, again, no time for taking out the trash. We are on the go
11. A little red truck - when we are home we try to have friends over, so our toys are pretty much everywhere all the time. This one gets put back regularly though (go me!)
12. A white object- this is the guts of a glowbug toy. Korrali prefers to know just how things work, so the cute doll lives with our dolls and the music box part is the actual favorite toy. She is growing in to being able to open and explore almost everything. No really, almost EVERYTHING.
13. A child lock is on our deep freeze. See above.
14. A black objet - this is the battery pack to a self-jumping starter for our car. It's slick. It's out because we just used it - after which the keys were locked in the running car. After which our apartment was entered with a spare key, rummaged for the car spare key, only to discover our spare car key is actually not the spare to our car at all. Darn. During which time a wife was called to drive an hour down from Denver to turn off the car, work was missed, and said hour drive took almost two hours due to a brush fire caused by a jack-knifed oil tanker. The fire started about 20 minutes before wife arrived at the traffic block - how do I know? I saw the smoke start. We were very glad that wife always packs for a road trip when driving over an hour with a 2 year old. And we were glad to have the chance to call some family, which we seldom have much time for.
15. A massage table. Since June I've been traveling about once a week up to Denver to massage. Some of you reading this may remember a fall several years ago when I stayed in Arizona to attend a class about massage for people living with cancer. I finally have had the opportunity to use it, and our close family friend who blessed my life by allowing me to work with him is now at a stage where he no longer needs me so the table is once again sitting in my front hall waiting to be put away. We've said our good-byes, and I am now awaiting the opportunity to use the same table to help his wife cope with single mother-hood.
16. A blue sheet on the Sunday box - it was for a nursery lesson about baptism which I didn't end up having to teach. We still play river with the sheet anyway.
17. No little girl. She is sleeping. Which is a miracle. More on sleep in a separate post.
18. Trash. Yep, it's that kind of week. At least it's healthy trash. Oh and we do eat a ton of eggs - pregnant and toddler who doesn't care for much protein. That is trash from half of the quantity we buy at once.

1 comment:
All that's missing is me! I miss being able to pop into your lives whenever I want to!
Post a Comment