Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Great Escape

Due to a recent water incident in our bathroom involving gallons of water pouring through our ceiling, our apartment complex replaced our vanity and part of the back wall of our bathroom this past week. After the challenge of living here with a toddler when they replaced our ceiling a few weeks ago, I decided to jet out for the duration of this remodel.
We went to Colorado and it was so great!
We visited JD's grandparents - it was so so wonderful to see them!


Great Grandma brought some jewelry for Lilu - she loved the beautiful bracelets and necklaces.

I'm clasping one for her, but she pretty much put the rest of it on by herself.
I can tell they're related, can you?
This one is one of my all-time favorite pictures.

We had such a wonderful time at lunch with Great Grandpa and Great Grandma!





The sun was a little blinding this direction, and I think Korrali is pointing at a dog, not scowling.



This tiny little liquor store had a ton of fun decorations - benches with fake grapes, a tiger, a bear.. a stone face.. all worth exploring.

On our way back we stopped by Vail. It was my (and Korrali's) first time visiting there. I finally understand what all the fuss is about. It is so gorgeous.





There was a river under this quaint bridge; Korrali looked out the side and was glued. Mind = blown. I can't wait to see her reaction to the ocean.

A valiant effort at escape into the water feature. Lilu wanted to play in the waterfall. I can't blame her, it really was gorgeous.
How did they manage to take family pictures back in the day when photos took like 40 minutes? 
We got to hold Emily's Adorable New Babies.
We really had two objectives this trip - meet Great Grandparents and snuggle sweet, soft, adorable babies.
Lilu loved them so much. I have never seen that little girl so happy to meet anyone.
You may not be able to tell, but she is smiling a huge smile.


She tried to pick up her cousin the second time she met him. The first time was the day before, and she was just too excited to even get close to them.

Thank you Em for being so kind and letting her hold him! (I don't have a picture here, so I should explain she held him with help, not alone.)

We went swimming too. It seemed like we hit perfect weather for whatever we were doing, every day. Thank you, Colorado!



SUCH a fun spur of the moment trip. Thanks again Mom for being so flexible!

3 comments:

jeanene c said...

Looks like such a fun trip! I was jealous. You may have to bring her out to see the other great grand parent! But wait till we get there. I need to meet her too.

Geevz said...

I think AZ needs to be your next destination :)

Katie said...

I love that you went on this trip! And I love the pictures.