Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Family Beach Day

A little while back, our Grandparents Quillen stopped by Chicago on their way to New GBaby #9 and played with us for a few days. What a perfect summer day to be with them!

We spent a day with our Eldredge cousins - we are so lucky to have them so close by. We went to the Lincoln Park Zoo

They had a farm exhibit at the Zoo. Korrali loved getting out and running around at the indoor playground. This is a chicken egg that was part of the chicken part.
Grandma and Grandpa bought us ice cream, Korrali couldn't get enough.

Ice Cream is helping her learn how to use a spoon. For now she still just dips and stirs though.

Then, we traipsed across the street to the beach. I put Korrali down in the sand, and she took off towards the water. I snapped a picture, and then raced to catch up before she got in over her shoulders. (Am I in trouble when her legs get longer, if I can hardly keep up now?)

We had long afternoon playing in the sand.




Korrali loves her Grandpa Quillen. He must love her too, because he let her sandy, soggy, pbj self clamber over him several times.

We don't have pictures, but Korrali made the rounds of everyone on the beach. Looking at them, smiling, generally making friends. Everyone. I told her she could skip some, but she didn't. Teens, adult men, women, other kids....

This is her version of smiling when she's focused on something.

Decorative rocks have been her new favorite thing recently. The pebbles on the beach were heaven for her.

scream! giggle giggle.. I think L Eldredge there is doing a somersault.

3 comments:

Geevz said...

So much fun! I love friendly babies!

Daniel and Bonita said...

That was the best day!!! The pictures don't really show how delightful it was! I am so glad you planned it for us,

Katie said...

It was such a great day!