Saturday, September 11, 2010

I know French, but am I speaking a foreign language?

So, I decided, much to the dismay of my wife, to make chocolate chip cookie dough truffles. Great idea hu? (shes not a fan of cookie dough). So I go to King Soopers to get some of the more odd ingredients I don't have. I find the candy coating chocolate bark stuff... now for sweetened condensed milk. I look up and down the bakery isle, THREE TIMES. Nope, not there. Ok, I'm a man, but I can ask directions. Employee #1 gets asked, "where is your sweetened condensed milk?" "Uhhhh, I dunno... lemme ask." So he asks employee #2 who's bagging. "Baking isle." So I say to myself that I might as well go look again. Nope. So I ask employee #3, who happens to be the head check out person. "Wow... I have no idea. I've never been asked that." He then turns to employee #4 and employee #5, one says I dunno, and the other says, "Evaporated milk?" So I say sure in hopes to get closer... he sends me down the baked BEANS isle. Wow. So I meander around trying to find another unoccupied, not-already-asked person and finally I ask employee #6, and she looks at me like a just spat out alien larva on the ground and proceeded to eat it up again... So I continue my already finished sentence with an awkward pause, "err, or someone else who might know." She points me to the day stocker walking towards me. "Great" I think to myself..."Someone who might actually know!" So I ask him, and he says, "Sure, follow me!" Hallelujah! I follow him, he takes me to an isle, and says, "at the end, and on the left." I go down... its THE MILK ILSE! I guess he just heard milk. WTFreak? So I decided I'm done. I throw the chocolate candy coating I've been carrying around right in with the milk. That way, when someone asks for it, the employees will know since they'll have to put it back. Wow... nice shopping experience King Soopers.

4 comments:

Alicia W said...

WHAT?! That sounds like Walmart customer service. Lame. And I'm sticking with the baking aisle. Isn't that where it is?

Katie said...

Yes, at every store I've bought it at it is in the baking isle right next to the evaporated milk. Silly that not a single person could help you find it!

Joseph Quillen said...

Part of the thing is that it wasn't in the baking isle. I looked, literally, four (4) times. Ugh.

Jenna and Drew said...

That is precisely why I always called them King Stupids!