Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Flurry of Posts, Part 4: Let the 4th of July Weekend Begin!

So Lianna and I were planning on going to hike a 14er (mountain with a summit of over 14000 feet) at the beginning of the July 4th weekend. Unfortunately Lianna got called into work and was not able to go. However, since it was already planned with many of my classmates, I decided to go without Lianna in order to have a good time, see what it was like so I could tell if others could go, and to learn where to go when Lianna could come another time.

It as a beautiful Colorado summer day: Sunshine, slight, ocassional breeze to keep you cool, clean air, and blue sky. We hiked up to Grays Peak, rated 1 out of 5 for difficulty. Its one of the easiest 14ers to do. So I thought that I'd have no problem doing it. Dad said its one of the 14ers that they take 12-year-old scouts on all the time. So I thought Im a pretty health guy right? Boy was I wrong!

Heres a view from the top:This is a picture from the top looking down at the entire trail that we did. Most of it was pretty easy, but once you hit the switch backs on the rocks, that's when it got hard.

So here is a pretty picture along the way... What a beautiful place and day!


2 comments:

Daniel and Bonita said...

I love the pictures of family and the one with the flowers in the forground.

Katie said...

I am glad you went and took pictures, because it really is pretty, but that is as close as I am going to get to climbing that (or any other) mountain!