So because Denver is so awesome, we have a little bit of everything. Part of everything includes various cultures from around the world. Because of this, Lianna and I had the opportunity to go to the annual Cherry Blossom festival downtown. This is a relatively small festival celebrating Japanese art, food, dance, and well, culture! We met up with some of Lianna's family/childhood friends and we had a great time. We even took Teo, who did remarkably well around so many people, dogs, kids, and food.
Heres a little video of one of the dances by a young Japanese dance class
On a side note, we found out that Teo is an absolute chick magnet. Anytime Lianna would go into a store, Buddhist temple, or tent, I'd stay outside. Invariably, within seconds Teo and I would be surrounded by various assortments of women of all ages, commenting on how cute Teo was. They'd pet him, hug him, play with him etc... When Lianna was with me and Teo, no one ever stopped to pet him. We'd occasionally get a "OH! You're dog is so cute!" But no one would ever stop. But once Lianna was more than 10 feet away, it was like open season! I mean, common, wouldn't you want this body?
Overall, we had a great time, and really enjoyed each other company and environment.
1 comment:
I've never even heard of this festival...glad you did and had a good time. And that's funny that people come up to you and Teo but not to you all when Lianna is there. Silly girls.
Post a Comment