So what happens when your spouse is a million-fold more amazing and wonderful than you? Well, more doors open for them. Let me explain.
Many of you know that for the last year or so, I've been trying to get a job within my field... something science related. I've check craigslist on a daily basis, talked with recruiters, have a fabulous resume, blah blah blah, the whole 9 yards. I must have applied to about 40 job postings on craigslist and other career websites, and I heard back from 1. I had a great interview. I thought it went really well and that I impressed the interviewers... I even did the ENTIRE interview in FRENCH because the lady I was being interviewed by was from Belgium. Anyway, the told me that I was just over qualified and were going to go with someone else. Bah!
Anyway, to demonstrate what happens when you marry up, Lianna just graduated from massage therapy school. After a quick perusal of craigslist job postings, she applied to three jobs, two of which are at chiropractic clinics, and another at a spa. She also interviewed with a medical massage clinic that came to her school and got the job. However, the medical clinic job may not be what exactly she is looking for after all is said and done.
Anyway, the result? Lianna gets not one, not two, but three job interviews from all three job postings she applied to. She has already had two of the interviews, and got called back for a hands-on interview (test your massage skillz) with both of them. So, im 1 for 42, and Lianna is 3 for 3 in terms of craigslist job postings. >:/
Lol, ok, so I'm not annoyed at all, but am very proud of my amazing and near perfect wife who can knock the socks off anyone. She's worked so hard and diligently while at school, both BYU-H and her MT school. She's so wonderful and I love her so much. So, with that said, I guess I'm just gonna have to get used to my wife being so amazing.
So, that's what happens when you marry up. I swear, I gotta be the luckiest man alive. =)
1 comment:
You're cute. Lianna is amazing, but you are too!
Post a Comment