Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day in Advance! We probably will not post on the day of, so here it is! Celebration! Confetti! Parties! Green things!

Since I was small I've had a fascination for most things Ireland, and that includes St. Patricks' Day. I don't know why I never actually went and looked up information about the holiday, but I did today..

history.com has a great special on the holiday, and I discovered that corned beef is not actually the traditional food, because it replaced Irish Bacon during tough economic times around the turn of the century. Also, Erin go Bragh means Ireland Forever.

With any financial luck ourselves, we may even get to GO to Ireland this year! However, if our own economic times remain tough, we may have to substitute with paying for an apartment.. which is also a good thing to do with money.

4 comments:

The Tafuna Family said...

that post had JO writen all over it. I'm not surprised you have a fasination with small green men, they probably remind you of the ones on your video games aka your life. But if you do go, bring me back a tshirt for malachi that says kiss me i'm irish!

Mallory Clan said...

Happy St. Patty's Day! Given your family name, Ireland seems a pretty good place to have a fascination with.

Oh and my vote...go to Ireland. Having a place to live is soooo 2008.

mikensi said...

wtf? ireland?

Burgon Fam said...

I would say my vote is Ireland...but i dont want to be part of the reason you end up homeless either! lol! memories you can keep forever though...