We flew home to Denver - Korrali, as usual, charmed the crew (yes, she is sitting on the Pilot's lap - her Grandpa Henderson would be proud). She turned left instead of right as we entered the plane and the pilot and copilot jumped at the opportunity to teach her how to fly ie: encourage her to push any one of the hundreds of buttons they use every day. For once my toddler was overwhelmed by excitement and almost didn't even touch anything. I was a little overwhelmed by their generosity and child-friendliness.
We got home just in time to dog watch a very sweet dog down the street. We walked over twice a day for a little over a week to play with and let out the tiny morsel of fluff. Korrali still talks about her - it's been over a month since we finished.
Shortly after we returned, my sister in law and her husband came to visit for a wonderful week. Korrali held these babies when they were only a few months old, and it was so fun to see them play together now that they are older. Well, after she got over the initial shock of sharing toys. The boys were sooo much fun - I can still hear their giggles and I miss them terribly.
A couple days later our very very good friends from Chicago rolled through Denver on their way to Arches National Park (we almost went with them... the hold up was that it would have been Korrali's first time camping, my first time camping alone with her, and she isn't old enough to be perfect at following directions like "don't run away from me over the edge of the cliff!") In case you're wondering why I have a random picture of a boy walking as my photo, look way in the back, you can see Korrali and her tiny friend sitting next to each other. They are about a week apart, and I think they're adorable together.
We went to the off-leash dog toddler park, where Korrali got to follow and pet many a puppy (talk about toddler heaven), and where I turned into the meanest mommy ever because I wouldn't let her jump into the tiny stream all the other dogs were swimming in.
It was around 80 degrees a for a few days, and we celebrated by making bubbles - a "bath" as she called it - and played with chalk.
J and I went on a fabulous night out for pie day. We have loved having someone home to watch our baby monitor for us after bed time!!
Korrali made her first tea party - complete with frustration that her animals refused to eat her food. Those cheeky stuffed animals.






1 comment:
I love this post. So many fun things:)
Post a Comment