Thursday, March 6, 2008

You'll understand why it's been such a long time...

My dear friends and family, you will understand why we've been neglecting our riveting and exciting blog lately after reading this post...

Top 8 Reason That You Know You Study TOO MUCH For The MCAT:

#8 You worry when you've only studied 20 hours for the MCAT this week, despite sleep, school, work and a wife. (Only 20 hours!!! Holy cow I'm slacking! Must study more....)

#7 You study more for the MCAT than your current classes. (Well, this chapter talks a little bit about cells so that counts for studying for my molecular biology class right?)

#6 You cut back on work and sleep in order to study more for the MCAT. ("Jody, sorry I can't come in to work today." Jody says, "Oh, that's ok, are you sick?" "No, I just have to study more for the MCAT.")

#5 You are becoming stronger and more physically fit because you have to take your MCAT books with you... everywhere... always! ("Joe, are those your suitcases for your New Caledonia trip?" "No, they're just my MCAT study materials.")

#4 Your idea of fun is studying for the MCAT just to see how much you've learned and forgot when in college, only to hope that this time when you learn it, it sticks... at least for another two months. (Gram negative and gram positive bacterial structures?... oh yeah, I remember those... I think.)

#3 You're leaving on a once-in-a-lifetime, almost all expenses paid dream vacation, and one of the main things that you're stressing about is not being able to study for the MCAT for an entire week. (Humm... which pages should I photocopy to bring with me... pages 439 to 728?)

#2 No matter what day, what time of day your friends call and ask what you're doing, your answer is, "I'm studying for the MCAT. ("Joe, whatcha doin'?" "Studyin' for the MCAT.") (Except Sunday's, naturally.)

and the NUMBER ONE reason that you know that you've been studying for the MCAT way too much is...

#1 You dream that you married a Magnesium ion (Mg2+). Then, in the dream you see the woman that is your wife in reality, you feel really bad because you knew you shouldn't have married the Magnesium ion. After you realize how much you love your wife in the dream, you kiss her and then feel horrible for cheating on the Magnesium ion! (Yes, I really did actually dream that I married a Magnesium ion. Oh sad day...)

=)

Then, after reading all these reasons, you remember that you should get back to studying for the MCAT

Hope you all are doing well!

3 comments:

mikensi said...

i was hoping you would say that the number one reason was WoW. i seriously scrolled down and was disappointed. i mean...

Geevz said...

that is some hard core studying. When I was studying for my licensure exam, I read an entire 100 page textbook in two weeks, with highlighting important parts. I found all of my conversations included some part of little known athletic training information. good luck! Alicia wants you to open up your blog so she can read and comment on it. You should allow anonymous comments.

Geevz said...

make that 1000 page textbook