Background: We have struggling with feelings of home-listlessness. We know we need more space, don't really want to be in huge amounts of debt, and don't have any direction as to where we should end up. Our living situation up to this point has felt very heaven-directed and we haven't felt much yet concerning our future. So one night J says to me "Would you live in a house I built?" Me: "With some conditions, ABSOLUTELY!" We discussed for a short while, and he suggested building a small hunting cabin as a trial run. I countered with "how about a playhouse, first, just so you know you actually enjoy building stuff."
And just like that (and many hours of sweat, thinking, and around $500) this happened:
He flexed his muscles and....
ta da!
Ok he worked really, really hard for several days.
And Mom and Dad Q helped too.
And I am very impressed. I actually would live in a house he built. We decided, however, that it was only going to happen if I became a house-widow for 7 years.. so we will probably just buy a house eventually like most people.
4 comments:
And it is so cool! The kids LOVE playing in it and the sand box is an especially big hit...for some odd reason.
Very impressive!
Thank you for this post! I've been dying to see it!
That looks perfect! I remember helping my dad build my patio and thinking, "This is it?! This is really how houses are built?" There is definitely skill involved, but it still is wood and nails and screws for the most part. I think your future needs to start migrating to the pacific northwest...
Post a Comment