We = I taught K.
I think I must have needed something as a pressure outlet from my work-from-home job, because we spent all week talking about it.
We talked about Goats - Happy Year of the Goat!
K learned to say "Gong Hay Fat Choy" and "Happy Chinese New Year".
We watched Malaysia's World Champion Lion Dance - it blew my mind.. so we made this:
![]() |
| Step one, spray paint a cereal box then cut to size and find decorations... |
![]() |
| Almost done.. just missing its tail and nose. |
Lastly, we made Almond Cookies. Oops, no pictures. But they were beautiful and delicious. Well, the ones we didn't make together were.
And we went to the New Year Party. Oh Man. So yummy.
| Happy New Year! |
| K wouldn't wear it long enough for a photo, but it looks good on J too. |
They even gave out Red Envelopes with candy inside. Yum.
I feel so inspired, I may even celebrate Moon Festival this year too. At least, we may eat moon cake.
* Modern-day Hawaiian culture tends toward celebrating via large family gatherings where food is a necessity and comes in extra large proportions. Friends count as Ohana, so the more the merrier. Oh, and a low-key serve-yourself style is also a part of the culture.
* Modern-day Hawaiian culture tends toward celebrating via large family gatherings where food is a necessity and comes in extra large proportions. Friends count as Ohana, so the more the merrier. Oh, and a low-key serve-yourself style is also a part of the culture.


3 comments:
I love the dragon! And I think I need to start celebrating Chinese New Year.
Actually the lion's head doesn't look as cool in the pictures as it does in real life. L and K, you did an amazing job of creating something so fun! I think it should be kept for next year, and maybe K will want to wear it then.
Fun! I love K's adorable outfit too!
Post a Comment