Tuesday, December 31, 2013

8 months a few days ago

What a fun time! Here are some things I want to remember about Korrali right now:

She keeps me hopping with her crawling; she still army crawls sometimes but it's mostly all fours now.
She loves to bounce up and down on her knees to music
Screaming for fun is routine around here - it's especially funny in Sacrament Meeting, I truly can't help but giggle as I try to shush her. At home we have entire conversations in scream.
When she is excited she still kicks her feet like crazy and breathes excitedly
Her pincer-grip is precise and deadly in combo with the desire to put everything into her mouth. It keeps me running around picking up dirt clots (from paws or muddy shoes), those said muddy shoes, cords that dropped to the floor, papers, bits of whatever else came off of a dog toy and pieces of carpet that she pulls up
She has learned how to bump aside the barricade I made to keep her out of the kitchen, and how to unload the silverware from the dishwasher (yup those happened within the same hour)

She naps! O glorious day she naps. Twice in a day. For at least 45 minutes.
She still has zero teeth, but does a great job feeding herself food anyway
Bath time is an adventure because she tries to climb out of her little tub, even when she is distracted by toys.
She loves to say repeated sounds - dadada, babbo, thh. She says dadababa when playing with her Dad (we call him daddy and papa) She only says aaaahhhmmm when she is wanting me. It's usually accompanied by an angry face. It's most common when I'm making dinner or in the middle of the night.
She ignores our attempts to say "good job!" or "yay!" when she falls or bonks herself and just cries away anyway.
She loves to help get herself dressed and undressed, and protests when those things are just done to her
She refuses to stay still when I change her diaper unless she is completely distracted.
She does stay still for massages
She is still a skinny girl - about 27 in and 16 lb.

1 comment:

Amanda P said...

You shout "good job" when she falls? I'd cry, too. ;)