When I was in highschool I loved this Canadian band for their creative rhymes and clean lyrics... And catchy tunes. I also enjoy putting my own lyrics to songs. These last three weeks have been tough, as any first time mother can attest, just when you think you have something figured out, something new comes up. Sometimes they come before you have it figured too. Just when I felt confident in nursing (we were overcoming some issues) and just when she was getting to be a pro latcher, whammo, mastitis. Then, the inevitable thrush, and naturally, yeast for me. It's been a while since I felt like breaking into spontaneous song, but with recovery going on and K mewing in her sleep beside me I feel like music....
This song seemed appropriate
It's been two weeks since I looked at me
Bowed my head to my chest and prayed
'Soon, yeast free'
Five days since we nursed again
I worried your skills you'd forgotten
One day since you latched with ease
But it'll still be a while til you're thrush-free
Clickity-clink the ACs blowin
Outside the window the mowers mowin
The dog is whining
The sun is shining
And it's seven in the morning
Think I might scream
But use the cream
Though three seems
Like more hassle than its worthwhile
Ignore the pain,
The milk stains,
Cuz the main
Thing is to keep on believing
How can I help but hold you close to me?
Your smiles and sighs are so cute, so comforting
I guess soon enough this will be over with
Then we'll get to see what trial is next
It's been one week since I stopped the pump
Dealt with clogged ducts and hoped
It'd finish up
Four days since I ditched my shirt
Grabbed a towel and just mopped it all up
Six hours since I soaked a sheet
But it'll still be a while til your mouth is thrush-free
Ringring ringring my alarm is buzzing
It's one am and my eyesight's fuzzing
I hate to wake you
But I take you
To the kitchen for our medicine
You hate the tAste
And in my haste
You eject
It all over both of us
How can I help but hold you close to me?
Your grunts and coos are so sweet, so charming
I guess soon enough this will be done with
Then we will get to see what trial is next
It's been one week since your projectile vomit
The stuff was all over a friend
and your outfit
Three days since you've been quite adamant
Carseat sleeping or our arms only will do the trick
Two nights where you slept all night
But it'll still be a while til your mouth is thrush-free
still be a while til your mouth is thrush-free
Thanks for humoring me!
4 comments:
You poor poor thing! Ugg! Newborns are so hard and nursing is too. I hope it clears up fast and that you have more full nights of sleep to deal with it.
And that you don't wake up soaked. That happened to me so many times with J. It's lame that you have to choose between sleeping and your boobs exploding. I want to have a chat about this whole procreating experience with the good Lord so he can tell me why pregnancy and babies are so difficult.
Hang in there! You are doing great!
I admire your sense of humor about it...or maybe you've just craked a little. Sometimes I wondered if the whole reason newborns are so cute is some sort of self-preservation thing:) And she is awfully cute.
Oh, you've had a rough time of it! At least you still have some creativity. Good luck. I'll pray for you guys. But it will pass! It has to.
I feel your pain. I'm on my 3rd and I'm still having trouble nursing. I agree with Katie about the self-preservation thing. There have been countless times this time around that I've given up on nursing. Then I look at Lincoln and instantly change my mind because he's so cute and I want to feed him. Hang in there and keep doing what you're doing. Remember, you are Super Mom!
Post a Comment