First, we are flying standby from Hawaii to California. We are leaving Monday, the 15th of December. We hopefully will get out Monday, but if not, we got an entire week to fly standby back to California! Surely we will get there.
From there, we will spend part of the Christmas season with Lianna's family. We are going to stay there in California with Lianna's family until the 24th of December, at which time we will fly, not standby, to Colorado to spend Christmas and the holidays with my family. From there, we stay. Lianna is going to start message therapy school in Aurora, right by where we live in Colorado, on January 5th. She is going to do that until about August. I will get a job... somewhere... hopefully. Once we get our situation figured out, (Like our finances, if/where I got in to med school, apartment contracts, insurances... etc) we will look at apartments. Then, come fall, I will go to med school and Lianna will get a job as an elite massage therapist for famous movie stars and ridiculously rich people. Well, maybe not that, but she will work as a massage therapist while I am in school to help offset some of our debt. So there you have it. Those are our tentative plans for the next 8 months.
Now for the good part. You make all the plans you want, get ready to move, plan on studying for finals, (which by the way, I successfully procrastinated for quite some time until the last day, which was the day the events below happened), and BAM, mother nature hits you with a swift left jab. Welcome to winter in Hawaii.
So this is right outside our house. Luckily for us, the water did not get high enough to get into our house. Unfortunately, others in our ward were not so lucky. Of course, this all began at 3:00 am, and caught everyone by surprise...
Yes, that guy is over 6 feet tall and the water is up to his knees. Crazy!
Here you can see the swing set. Those swings in the water are about three feet from the ground, maybe more. There was a lot of water >.<
But, even after the worst of it, it always gets better.
However, like I said before, Mother Nature only hit us with the swift left jab. She's gonna follow up with the powerful right hook. I hear that the worst isn't over. And now, as I write this, the sky is literally blackening, with flashes of ominous bursts of lighting and slow, groaning thunder shake the ground with a dull uneasiness. Round two anyone? The power went out about an hour ago due to a shattered electric pole not too far from our house. Of course, it happened on the only road up to this side of the island, and therefore cuts off half the island from us. And of course, Lianna's mother and father are stuck on that side of the electric poll, literally a half a mile away from us. =( But life goes on. Lets just hope 1) it doesn't flood out graduation, and 2) we don't need our 72 hours kits (which we disected and sold, packed, ate). Hehe, exciting living in paradise.
4 comments:
well good luck with all your plans...im sad for you two to be leaving such an amazing place that i have only visited but your family will be please Im sure!
Oh man, that's a lot of rain! I didn't know you were flying to CO on Christmas Eve; we are too. I hope the weather is good!
Holy Cow!!!! What a mess! I hadn't heard anything about your flooding until you mentioned it last night! I am so glad it didn't get into your place, but a nightmare that would have been...trying to pack with water everywhere. And isn't it amazing to see how much you can acculate in possessions in a short time? I don't envy your task of trying to cut it all down to a couple of suitcases. I will be thinking of you today...I love you and am SO very proud of you both! Mom
Wow, and I thought Washington had a lot of rain. At least in WA it's not all at once. I love how it's dumping buckets of rain, but people are still in shorts!
Post a Comment