Monday, July 14, 2008

ssssshhhhhhhhhh..... don't tell anyone

I feel locked away in the deepest, darkest room under a secret government building like a prisoner, never to be seen again. Ok, so we're staying at my great aunt's house. Don't get me wrong, she's a wonderful person, so kind and generous... but she doesn't have internet!!! Scary. I feel so isolated from the outside world. I'm at BYU-Provo using their wireless, and I feel like I'm sending out an illegal message because I've not had access to internet for so long. I can't believe that people live without internet these days. >.<

But in all honesty, its been and interesting experience. Yes, I'll admit I'm probably addicted to internet and checking my email, the news, games and everything else, but it's been really nice being "locked up," or seemingly hidden away from the outside world with no one but my wife. I can not begin to explain how it is to live without the internet for a week! And we both are even cheating by using it on campus during the day! Interesting how dependent we are on technology, and not even dependent, but addicted. Maybe some of you should try to go for one week without using the internet. Then tell me what you think.

So anyway, Utah has been SO much fun. We've seen friends from Hawaii that have just moved here, and its been loads of fun. We've spent the last two days with the Quillen family and extended family. I was able to see my brother who just got back from his mission, and though he outweighs me by 20 lbs, (and he's even two inches shorter than me!) I can still beat him in arm wrestling. =)

Life is great, and it's even better with family.
(there will be pictures to follow. We just don't have internet and pictures in the same place.) =P

3 comments:

mikensi said...

ha ha, seriously! what would we do w/o the internet!!? my sister doesn't have internet in their house. i would go NUTS! or just watch tv. hehehee. good to see you guys! hope to see you again today or at least before you leave! now, go play canasta w/ your great aunt!

Sharah said...

aaaah!!! You're in Provo? Dang it, I'm in Russia. How long are you going to be there? I sooooo want to see you guys!

Jenna and Drew said...

JD, you may be able to beat Drew in an arm wrestle match, but you were never able to beat my dad! Ha ha ha, yes... I still remember that night :)