Sunday, April 6, 2008

A little Zen in our madness




The other weekend we had the chance to visit a pretty little place nearby called Valley of the Temples with Jimmy and Mikensi. It's actually a cemetery, but there is a small Buddhist Temple at the back end of it.
I have fond, if hazy, memories of the coy in my gung gung's fishpond in his old apartment, and the huge coy here were very cool (they were almost as big around as the swans!). The black swans were unique, and the whole experience was beautiful.

It was very peaceful, and I have decided I want to model any garden J and I have in the future after it.
He said that was fine with him, so I'll get to learn the art of gravel combing someday! Lucky for me, Elder M. Russell Ballard just encouraged young mothers to take some "me" time and learn a hobby they like.. I'll start my list of hobbies with gravel combing and banzai.




The rest of our time lately has been consumed by studying - either for school or for the MCAT.
We bought a new laptop for J, it's been so nice for him to be able to study anywhere, and it's a great help to me to be able to use the computer for school and work without interrupting him. Not to mention, it's beautiful and totally worth the price tag. (Which, actually, was not bad. We love Amazon.)

3 comments:

Peter said...

Ooh, bonsai is amazing! I knew a man on my mission who was into that and it was really cool. I've toyed with the idea of getting started too but I have never gotten going. Let me know how it goes!

mikensi said...

come learn your hobby at my house, too. gravel sure beats mowing the lawn!

Burgon Fam said...

hey J.D its your long lost cousin Sallie. hey i got your little blog adress from beck and wanted to check in on ya...sounds like you have been busy...your wife is darling...cant wait to get to meet her...one day right. well hey i added ya as one of my friend on my blog i finally started...yeah i know im a little slow on these things...guess we'll see how things go.
check it out...www.burgonfam@blogspot.com

love you and miss you!

Sallie